Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts International (DRI) "THE CLUB" Points Program & Converting your Week to Points

Don't do it run don't walk run from Diamond resorts they are nothing but a scam at a high cost you pay a high price for no availability and keep paying for it over and over and there deeded crap you can pass to your children is just bullshit by then your kids points won't be worth anything. [Q=amyk231] So was purchasing 10,000 DRI points to be used over two years at any of a dozen refurbished resorts for $1,500 and no mf's a good deal? I have very limited resort availibility, but there are one or two I'm considering going to. I will own nothing and be a member of nothing at the end of two years if I do not buy into DRI for $26,000 (10,000 points) as was the price quoted to me last week. Suggestions? (Besides maintenance fee's, do members pay other fee's to belong to the "club" per year?) I traded in using RCI and did NOT get a refurbished unit. Ugh. At Powhattan. I like the idea of no exchange fees, but not if mf's are so high![/Q]