Report Abuse

Re: Open Letter to Steve Cloobeck, Diamond Resorts International CEO

Another dummy, and one with bad spelling/grammar to boot, who thinks that "Steve" is reading this (much less gives a $#!+). Giving it away to someone stupid enough to take it would just be like taking your dog to do its business on a neighbor's lawn. The only thing you will get out of that is bad karma. [Q=olenj] Mr. Cloobeck: My wife and I own two DRI accounts; one account the amortized (cost of maintence fees) cost of a reservation far exceeds the cost of booking equitable resorts. The other account is will under the cost of outside booking. After reading experiences of other owner principles about "they have not any problems" with their DRI bookings. I must say, bless then for they have not realized the "trap" they have paid thousands of dollars to purchase. Seldom can I book a reservation at locations that I would like. Sales personnel promised me that I can book any resort as long as I book early. This simply is not true. Also DRI sales personnel promised me that I could always turn my points back in to DRI. This also simply is not true. I paid thousands of dollars to get myself in this no escape obligation. Not only DRI will not buy back my investment, they will not even accept my contract for $1. If the accessment obligation is not paid, DRI can and probably would issue a foreclosure against me and/or my estate. I plan to attempt giving my points to anyone who will accept them and would get approval from DRI's approval of the title transfer. I cannot believe that I got myself in this mess at my age. I always felt that timeshare ownership was too good to be true. Well, I have my eyes wide open now, but I have no exit plan. [Q=charless345] Put in a request to join and we'll accept you.[/Q][/Q]