Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

for some of us, like Maui owners, Marriott hotels left and the maintenance fees began to climb. i have been told Marriott hotels have nothing to do with timeshare now and so actually getting a hotel room through the old method is VERY difficult and a lot of points. I wish there was a central place to ask re these fees. e.g. towels replacement $80,000 US. Getting in touch with the board of your resort may be a help or should be. We too bought points but what the salespeople tell you is garbage unless you have it in WRITING!! Being told to take a week to look it over is well and good but, again, a lot of the statements of the salesperson do not show up in the actual contract for points. i have already mentioned how we have been unable to use our points as we were told....'you can book the day before' 'you can call in any time' and have been frustrated too. For us, points have been a total waste of $$$$$'s you will always get some people that say they have NEVER had any problems booking if you don't want to go at high peak times. however, when you buy from Marriott the salespeople tell you how Marriott has 'all these units' available for you. Should have never trusted as unless deeded people all sold back their units, the top places would never be available at peak times as we were originally led to believe. yes, you should read the contract but also make sure anything you were told is in writing.