Report Abuse

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

In Oct. 2015, Wyndham took back 731,000 points deeded at National Harbor and gave me three years usage in the Limited Edition program with no maintenance fees. Over the past 15 years I've stayed at 23 of the nearly 100 resorts on the Limited Edition list, some several times. I plan to use my three years usage staying at resorts I enjoy and may even try out some I haven't yet stayed at. Granted, my points purchased since 2000 cost tens of thousands of dollars, so I've lost money. Every other year, I transferred most of my points to Wyndham Rewards and used them for flights. However, maintenance fees increase every year and I don't want to pass them on to my heirs. Wyndham Rewards and renting out nights through Wyndham are not options in Limited Edition, however guest certificates are available. The transaction moved more slowly than anticipated, however once completed, maintenance fees were not charged for the remaining three months of 2015. (No points available for those months either and I lost some that were banked at RCI.) FYI: I also own week 52 EOY at Beach Woods (formerly Barrier Island Station Kitty Hawk), week 8 at Mountainside Villas at Massanutten, and EOY at Occidental Vacation Club. Bobbie Prees, 540-972-4225