Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

While reading the messages it comes to the point that the owners don't want to understand each other. When some people cannot afford the current maintenance fees, obviously the advice to fund an escrow account is not helpful for them. On the day of purchase my wife addressed fees raise issue to Sales executive, her manager, and whoever was working on signing our papers , and all of them confirmed that the fees would not raise more than 1.5- 2 % each payment. If they told us the next payment would jump from $1259 to $1800 and usage was not guaranteed, we would never sign the MC agreement. The OP, from which we found out quite different regulation, arrived to us within a month after FULL payment. I cannot talk on behave of all owners. Maybe some of them got truthful answers and were acknowledged with the future fees and reservation polices. These owners have obligation not to withhold payments. Those who were lied and got involved into fraudulent sales pitch, I believe, have the right to demand money back and get rid of the contract. It was the MC who breached the agreement, not the owners.