Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

laurah136, not paying maintenance fees is practically the only strategy we have to fight eichner; we certainly aren't getting any current advice from the NEW YORK STATE ATTORNEY, eric schneiderman, or for that matter from any new york media, consumer groups, senators, mayor, congressmen et al! not paying maintenance fees is the only weapon we have. i doubt that any other of us shareowners who are paying the fees are being hurt at all. paying their fees permits them to use the manhattan club IF THEY CAN GET RESERVATIONS. by not paying, we simply cannot use the accommodations.............AND THAT'S IT. i believe not paying maintenance hurts eichner and cohorts in their pocketbooks. they can't get their greedy share of the maintenance fees as part of their salaries; in addition, they must pay their bills, e.g,, salaries, utilities................so they need to dig in to their other funds to make these payments. [Q=laurah136] This was a really constructive comment. Some aren't. Actually what all timeshare owners need is legislation for the industry. There are many problems out there and we are being bilked in many ways. I have said many times that not paying maintenance fees is any kind of a solution. It harms those who are paying and if this case isn't resolved as we would like it to be, you may have even more problems![/Q]