Report Abuse

Re: Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

Looks like you hit the jackpot. I contacted Wyndham about this Ovation program, and they graciously allowed me to end my contract that was 100% paid. My wife has cancer and we are buried in medical bills, so yes this did help. We received no use points as you did. Of all the posts on this topic, I see little comment about how worthless these "timeshare" properties really are. You take the tour, are sold this wondrous bill of goods for a lifetime of vacations, and then when you attempt to sell these valuable deeded properties, you see the same points level you paid 10k, 15k, or more on Ebay for $500.00. I do not see how these companies exist. For the same $80-$85 per month maintenance fees, you are paying $1,000.00 per year just to be able to visit the meager offerings your points will allow you to visit. While grateful I no longer have to pay these maintenance fees now that my contract has been re-claimed at zero compensation, I will never again contemplate any timeshare, points, etc arrangement. I believe I can access many more possible properties, with the maintenance fees I save. Lesson learned.