Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

I used to own 3 weeks at the Manhattan Club, a junior suite, a 1bd/2ba and a penthouse. I've owned since 1996 and enjoy coming to New York, 2-3 times a year. As the maintenance fees got higher, it was less affordable to own and I could not come to NY from California as often, so I used red week to rent my junior suite and 1bd unit out. The fees continued to rise and I used to have to rent it out for $200-500 per week. I hated supplementing somebody else's vacation, but had no choice. I eventually was able to give back my junior suite and 1bd to Manatttan Club, after being on the wait list for years. I kept the penthouse, but it is now up to about $3400. per week. I try to use it every year, because there is nothing else out there worth trading it for and definetely nothing close to the maintenance costs I absorb. So, I either rent it at Red Week and lose $500 per week now, or just use it and know you are overpaying for it. Good luck my friend. My hope is to keep the Manhattan Club penthouse, but to get some relief in the fees we pay. We'll see.