Report Abuse

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

I just completed the Ovation program and was able to successfully return my time share and I received the 3 years worth of points, maintenance free. However, a problem appeared after all was said and done. I started receiving collection calls from Wyndham's collection department. When I talked to them they said I owed one more monthly maintenance fee. I was being charged the monthly maintenance plus a late charge and then they added on a collection fee. I told them that my account had been paid in full. I was very diligent about making sure the fees were paid before their due date because I was told if I had an outstanding balance, the process would be stopped and I would have to start all over. I even comfirmed my payment date with them just to make sure. My payment date was on the 30th of the month. I told them I had called the Ovation program on the 29th and they said the closing had gone through on the 29th, so I didn't pay my fee. The collection calls started this month, June 2016. After I told them my timeline of events, they told me that my payment date was on the 15th and that it had never been on the 30th of the month. I had owned this timeshare for many years and I knew the date and had even confirmed with them at the start of this process. I was then transferred over to Ovation and they said my payment date was the 26th and they were unable to change anything or back up my story. I went back to collections and went through the whole conversation with someone else. I told them that they had chaged my payment date. One response I received was that even if my payment date was after closing I should still have to pay for the month just because I had a payment due that month. Then they said Ovation shouldn't have said I didn't have to pay, but it always came back to the incorrect payment date which I'm sure they hoped would shut me down. At this point I was too frustrated to speak and I ended the call. I then searched through some old mail set aside for shredding and found a bill that showed my payment date. Wyndham had offered on the past conversation that they could send me an account history. I declined because I was pretty sure the dates would have been adjusted on the statement. I had asked if they could send me a copy of one of my old statements and said all they could provide was an account history. I called them back after I found my statement as proof of my payment date and that I wasn't some lunatic trying to dodge a payment. The rep stop argued with me and said I needed to go back and talk to Ovation. I refused the offer of being transferred and said I wanted to speak to his supervisor or someone who was able to make the change. He argued with me about that but finally transferred me to Account Resolutions. I retold my story again and that I had proof of my payment date and would fax it, email it, or even take a picture of it and send to her. She had me hold the line less than a minute and came back and agreed to clear the charges. I guess the proof of my payment date and unwilliness to give up finally got me justice. I'm happy they fixed it, but not everyone would go through this difficult process while being told they were wrong. It wasn't much money to me but the principle of being cheated that I didn't appreciate. I'm sure they can pull in a lot of extra cash if they do this to a everyone exiting the program and the person in Ovation said he was very busy! I do believe this would fall under the title of fraud. [Q=kyliec] We have been talking to Wyndham about their new program, Ovation, which was quietly announced to Wyndham owners a few weeks ago. The company isn't offering concrete details, but appears they are ready to customize exit solutions for their owners who no longer use their timeshares. Jeff Weir has written an informative article for us with much more detail on this topic. Read about the [url="http://www.redweek.com/resources/ask-redweek/wyndham-ovation-help-owners-get-out"]initial introduction of the Ovation program here[/url]... and the [url="http://www.redweek.com/resources/ask-redweek/wyndham-ovation-exit-update"]Ovation update nearly a year later here[/url]. [b]IF YOU ARE A WYNDHAM OWNER[/b], interested in what solutions Wyndham will offer to you, take us along for the ride! We would love to follow several owners as they contact Wyndham for a solution to see whether this program is all they are claiming it to be. If you're interested, please post here and Jeff will follow up with you.[/Q]