Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

[Q=thomasm832] [Q=sharonv49] We stopped paying maintenance fees around the time the AG office got involved. We were not able to secure reservation for 2 years prior to the time the AG office got involved and nothing has hit our credit. Around that time I did get a call from a collection company and I explained to them what was going on and directed them to the case number and never heard from them again. That was several years ago now and nothing ever hit our credit for not paying maintenance fees.[/Q] Thanks a lot for that info. Any others who have not paid the fees? Also, has anyone had them billed to their credit card by TMC before they were due? Somewhere back in this thread someone mentioned that happening. I may advise my mom to not pay them this year if there is no resolution by the time they are due.[/Q] TMC will bill you 6 months in advance if you let them. If you have given them a cc to keep on file, they will bill you as soon as they can. They don't have my cc on file but they send a bill 6 months before the fees are due. I write back and tell them that I am aware of when my bill is due and I will pay it when it is due. You need to write/email (Danielle in financial services, financialservices@tmcny.com) (so you have documentation) and tell them your mother no longer wants her cc on file and that they do not have permission to charge the fees anymore and ask for a bill to be sent via email, so you have a copy of that bill which breaks out the taxes and which you can write off on your taxes.