Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

that's about how this case has been since its inception..........NO (OR VERY LITTLE OF ANY CONSEQUENCE) INFORMATION TO HELP OWNERS MAKE FINANCIAL OR OTHER DECISIONS RE TMC. that's why i'm pushing for another meeting in nyc (as prepared by jeff weir last august and others so well)...............but this time, have either the NYSAG or a professional rep from his office address the TMC OWNERS in attendance at the meeting specifically about the lawsuit. what we're in dire need of is first-hand information from those directly involved in the case. there is a form published by the NYSAG on his weekly informational website, to request a presentation from his office. i sent the form to jeff weir, greg crist and irene smalls earlier this week. i believe i received a response only from jeff weir. i also had the form published in this redweek.com forum with no response seen from any owners. i'd like to see some feedback in this redweek.com MC forum regarding other owners' reactions to having another meeting. it's my opinion that we'd have to have a larger venue to accommodate the number of owners wanting to attend if we could get the NYSAG'S staff to address our poorly informed group of owners. to date we remain in an uninformed suspended state concerning this lawsuit which impacts all owners of THE MANHATTAN CLUB. looking forward to seeing some reactions from all of my fellow owners. thanks. chris [Q=dennisc283] tulip blossom: apparently Attorney Lowell has FILED to establish a class action suit. This FILING needs to be acted upon by the court to agree to RECOGNIZE the there is a CLASS (defined somehow).... and ACCEPT the filing as an actual case. Then theoretically with Lowell reaches out to find all who are a part of the CLASS that the court desides upon. Only time will tell if & how long it will be before an actual Class Action suit begins. What the NYSAG is doing relates to TMC breaking NYS law, regs etc... What the remedy would be if the AG wins everything is unknown.[/Q]