Report Abuse

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

I have contacted Wyndham about their Ovation Program. I have two contracts (Smoky Mountains and Cypress Palms) that are paid in full and current in maintenance fees. I was given three options (deed over to a family member, sell through brokers Wyndham trusts, or deed back to them in exchange for my number of points for three years) and I chose the last one. I was told about details of the paperwork and currently am waiting for the paperwork. I was told I would be free and clear within a couple months and that they would send me proof that the deeds had been changed over to them which would free me from all future costs or responsibilities. As I wait, I still am receiving phone calls from companies who want to charge me for getting me out of the contracts legally. Every one of them tells me that Ovation customers have come back to them saying that it didn't work as they were told and that they either were forced to buy more points or got stuck with maintenance fees for a long time. It would be nice to know whether certain problems occur with some of the Ovation strategies but not others. For example, I can imagine that reselling could take some time and that an owner would pay maintenance fees until the resale occurs. I can't imagine, though, how simply deeding it back to Wyndham can suddenly require the purchase of more points or the continuation of fees once the deeds are in Wyndham's name. Has that happened to someone? After initially submitting this post, I went back to read the update to the Ovation article mentioned by the facilitator of this forum on the first page. The three options I was given are not the same as the three in that update. The Tribute option in which the purchase is simply deeded to someone in the immediate family is not mentioned. Option 2 for me was using recommended brokers to resell for me. The third option involved only having points for three years with no maintenance fees on a use-it-or-lose-it basis; I was not given the separate choices between just walking away and having the points. If most people wanted to just walk away, why would Wyndham do away with that option and keep the option chosen by 10% to have some travel points for three years. Is that where people are getting caught owing things they hadn't expected? I will be very wary when I receive my paperwork.