Report Abuse

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

I am an independent journalist who typically writes about owner issues for RedWeek.com and TimeSharing Today. I discovered Ovation two years ago as part of my ongoing research into industry exit programs, which for the most part don't exist in any way that is easy or respectable for owners. I advocate to all major developers that they should provide clear exit program information at time of original sale and offer to buy back all timeshares, at any time, for whatever reason, for a percentage of the original sales prices, or the current resale value (whichever is higher). Ovation is the first industry program to really address the huge inventory of unsold resale timeshares on the market, so I give Wyndham credit for launching it. I think the program has many bugs, but it is better for an owner to go to Wyndham than a third party that will typically charge upfront fees to possibly get rid of your timeshare. I am not a Wyndham employee, nor am I a Wyndham owner. I own several timeshares at other companies. Re your last question, I am not aware that Wyndham has any official relationship with RedWeek. My background includes: Global public relations director for National Semiconductor; communications director for the Semiconductor Industry Association; press secretary, United States Senate (California); Washington DC correspondent for the Orange County Register (CA); Sacramento capital correspondent for the Register; and legal affairs writer for the Register.