Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

tulipblossom, i repeat my interpretation of the so-called "owners' board meeting".....this is an eichner and gang sponsored necessity. he plays the legal game very well, and has brilliant attorneys to guide him and his company's every single move, making the entire fraud, sham and lie-filled organization look legal. i repeat my response to your last comments about recent the board of directors' meeting: jils465, the TMC OWNERS' ANNUAL MEETING IS A SET-UP JOKE! the principals, eichner, et al, all know the outcomes well before the meetings come to order. your comment about j wirshba, " He's kind of gruff and did his best to keep a lid on any discussion beyond the election business": this is typically their modus operandi......move this (required and advertised) meeting along for the record. we know exactly what we want as the final outcome anyway. as for ballot, dunphy and soltys, they're owners JUST LIKE US. i can't recall their doing anything to benefit their "brother and sister" owners...........or maybe i missed something. are they even allowed speak at meetings on owners' behalf and if so, do they? did they speak at this meeting that you attended? was this annual meeting a sham, a scene from a fictional play? did you find it to be up front and transparent, allowing owners to vent frustrations, and in the process, make some headway toward changing owners' issues for the better? i think not, and i don't think many other owners would think any differently...... that may be one of the reasons that TMC IS A DEFENDANT IN THE NYSAG MR. SCNEIDERMAN'S CURRENT LAWSUIT, HIM AS THE PLAINTIFF. i'd be very interested in knowing about your upcoming meeting with sal reale concerning his transparency and honest willingness to assist owners in their plight to get what they paid dearly for, e.g., reasonable (not ridiculously exorbitant) maintenance fees, reliable and reasonable reservation access and other issues expressed in this forum. i have had many conversations with sal reale, few of which addressed my issues. the results of your meeting expressing your concerns remain to be seen. sorry, but i don't have positive vibes at this time. keep in touch. keep us all posted. we await your impressions and comments.........after you " digest at this forum at the moment." chris [Q=tulipblossom] Another very concise analysis of the meeting. This needs to be forwarded to the Judge and more importantly to the Attorney General's office. [Q=viviens2] The meeting on Aug. 3 was the first Member Association Board meeting we attended since we became owners in 1997. Since we did not receive an invitation, we were denied entry despite the fact that we showed them our Manhattan Club ID cards. The reason given was they were at full capacity. We waited until 9:30, 30 minutes past meeting time, when someone came out of the meeting room and told us that she was leaving because the meeting had not started and she could not wait. She also told us that the meeting room was half empty. When we approached TMC "door keepers" again, they final allowed us in. Jill gave a good summary of the meeting proceeding in a previous post. The meeting was one sided, on the side of the sponsored board members speaking favorably on the side of TMC. They refused to discuss any questions remotely related to the ongoing lawsuit. Three existing non-sponsored members were re-elected to the board. I did get chance to talk to one of them and this is what I come out of the meeting with: 1. Members in good standing will bear the burden of the delinquent timeshare maintenance fee. As more and more owners refuse to pay their maintenance fees, the rest of the owners will have greatly increased payments to make up the shortfall. 2. The developer, when allowed to resume sale of the foreclosed units, will pocket the money. None of the sale proceeds will be used to reduce the cost of the maintenance fees. 3. There was no exclamation for the developer's high management fees.[/Q][/Q]