Report Abuse

Unfair and inaccurate judgement expressed above...

I have a Timeshare with Bluegreen Vacations by Bass Proshops. The cost was about 18,000 and it is full paid for. There are no maintenance fees due. I don't really care about recouping my money because I know that is probably not going to happen. What I want to know is if DFC really does guarantee getting rid of your Timeshare? [Q=ken1193] In have no affiliation whatsoever with Donate For a Cause, but your above criticism is unwarranted, incorrect and entirely inappropriate. Here are a few relevant facts you evidently just choose to ignore: 1. Donate For a Cause makes NO profit whatsoever. Funds go directly to the charity chosen and designated *BY THE DONOR*. The "value" of each offered timeshare is determined by Resort Closings, Inc. How can you criticize them for not wanting to just blindly accept a "donation" of something which may be nearly worthless in the first place??? 2. DFAC will NOT accept just any timeshare --- that's true. However, they ONLY charge a fee when a particular timeshare has no real market value in the first place. This makes perfect sense, since the timeshare is nothing but a liability until it can (...maybe) be converted into cash. 3. When DFAC charges a fee to accept "donation" of a worthless timeshare, they are, in effect, ensuring that they have maintenance fees in hand, assuming (correctly) that it may take quite some time for them to "unload" the timeshare and (quite understandably) they don't want to have to "carry" it financially in the meantime out of their own pockets. Since the donor has the timeshare promptly OUT of his / her name upon donation, the donor is absolved of all future liability and Donate For a Cause TAKES OVER over that unwelcome liability. How can you possibly fault them for that entirely reasonable approach??? I don't know of your particular (subtly advertised) organization, but Donate for a Cause has been around for many years. Your organization MIGHT be a good one, but your integrity, credibility (and manners) are certainly highly questionable when you go so far out of your way to publicly and grossly misrepresent the operations and the nature of a "competitor" charity. Trying to "blow out their candle" certainly doesn't make yours burn any brighter. You should be ashamed of yourself...[/Q]