Report Abuse

Re: Pet Friendly Timeshares - Help my doggie join the party!

Yes it's a big deal to us & many others we know. Friends with dogs won't buy timeshares because they can't bring their dog but we are already longtime timeshare owners. We've always had a dog but now we're able to be away longer so we want to bring him along. Just 9 lb. & housetrained. Unless we can find more very nice timeshares that are pet-friendly we will have to rent out our weeks at our home resort & use the money to rent condos, hotels etc. Where small dogs are allowed. I have also contacted 2 resorts who will not honor certified Emotional Support Pets - there must be a physical disability like blindness. I also spoke with the Office of the President of Marriott - others have complained but there are no known plans to change their policy. [Q=davids819] Thanks, this looks like a more complete list than the TUG notice I saw. Interval International has a pets allowed featue in advanced search. I don't know how many resorts allow pets and do not show on the Interval Search. I saw on another post, and confirmed on the phone, the Four Season Troon and Aviara both allow pets. Wonder if this is a big deal to many people. We got our first dog after we had three weeks and our daughter left for college.[/Q]