Report Abuse

Class Action Against Diamond Resorts?

A class action is being filed. Know that class actions can take well over a year and if you win, Diamond will file an appeal and that takes another year. The DRI contract is iron clad so there are significant obstacles - one being your contract states that you will not take part in a class action. There are ways around that, but it certainly isn't easy. While the class action is ongoing, you are required to pay maintenance fees and loan payments. If you work one on one with a timeshare attorney, you do not make loan or maintenance fee payments. If you do not have a loan, the best option is to ask for a voluntary surrender as the cost for litigation is high. I publish articles in collaboration with Charles Thomas for Inside Timeshare in Spain. I am also a Diamond owner who flipped after a pathetically aggressive sales present at Grand Beach FL July 2015. Our article tomorrow 1/20 is called "Attorneys General For and Against Timeshare Under Trump" and you can contact us by posting a comment on an article or contact me directly via my public Facebook/irene.parker.7923. It is extremely important to file a complaint with the Attorney General where you live, where you signed a contract and Nevada. Hundreds filed complaints with the AZ AG and the Assurance of Discontinuance throwing out the oral representation clause for anyone who purchased in AZ or lives in AZ and purchased anywhere starting back in 2009 and into the future, is worth more than the $800000 settlement. Also file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau under the mortgage option even if no mortgage. I am in frequent contact with a DRI PR representative who works for a PR firm, not DRI and with a DRI attorney. I have intervened on behalf of six families. One received a full refund without needing an attorney and the others were released or are being released from their contract. Also write to Nevada Senator Becky Harris as we are promoting greater disclosure as to the limited or, in the case of DRI, a non-existent secondary market.