Report Abuse

Re: How to get rid of a timeshare you no longer want ....

These phony charity scams have been going around for quite a while now. It's a SCAM !!! You cannot take a $ 5,000.00 tax deduction for something that has no value. If they tell you anything else they are lying. The IRS is cracking down on these charity scams. Donate for a cause is under federal charges as we speak. Anyone who claimed a tax deduction will be audited and face fines and penalties. Try calling your home resort and let them know your circumstances and that you can't afford to pay the maintenance fees anymore. Make sure you get ahold of someone who handles the titles . It might take quite a few phone calls but it's worth it. I got rid of two timeshares in 2011 that way. I simply explained to them that I was going to get rid of them with or without their cooperation and that it was in their best interest to work with me. Do it yourself and you won't have to worry about losing your hard earned money to scammers. NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract .