Report Abuse

Re: Timeshare Industry Veteran Tells All

There isn't any law firm that can get you out of your timeshare unless you can prove fraud. You signed a legally binding contract. Try calling your home resort and tell them your circumstances and ask them to take it back . I got rid of two timeshares in 2011 that way. I explained to them that I was going to get rid of them with or without their assistance and that it was in their best interest to work with me. I made a few phone calls and made sure I was talking with someone that handles the titles. I made it clear to them that if they didn't work with me it would cost them a lot of money in lost maintenance fees and legal fees. They could tell that I was serious and they worked with me. It took only a few weeks and it was inexpensive. Some resorts will require you to pay the next years maintenance fees to give them time to find a new owner. You also have to up to date on all your fees and assessments. NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract especially a bottom feeding attorney . No attorney can guarantee you results but they want their money upfront. Be your own advocate and save yourself from being ripped off by unfulfilled promises by anyone.