Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Please personalize, delete and add to make the letter your own. Sample Letter from Don, a TMC owner, to send to Judge Rakower [Your name and address] [Date] Honorable Justice Eileen Rakower Supreme Court of the State of New York 71 Thomas St. Part 15 New York, New York 10013 Dear Justice Rakower: I write regarding case number 451536/2014 Schneiderman v. Eichner. I hold contract #[your contract number] for a unit at The Manhattan Club. It has come to my attention that this still unresolved, three year old case will come before you again next month when Mr. Eichner will ask to retain new or perhaps additional lawyers. While this may be his right, as an owner at The Manhattan Club, I understand my already outrageously high maintenance fees may increase yet again if Mr. Eichner, who I understand is named personally in this case, is permitted to raise my timeshare maintenance fees to cover the huge legal fee increase his new team of lawyers will require. As you know, one major element of our complaints against Mr. Eichner is that he has raised fees far in excess of reasonable costs. This has been in part to cover his legal fees. By allowing him to do this again, you will be furthering the absurdity that timeshare owners are paying to defend against legal action regarding complaints we ourselves have requested! TMC maintenance fees are already greater than the cost of renting rooms at TMC. Many would like to sell or relinquish their interest in TMC and remove themselves from any liability for additional fees or charges. But they have been told they cannot because TMC cannot take shares back, and there is no market to sell them given the pending legal actions. One result is TMC owners, already having difficulty booking rooms conveniently as they had been told they could, are opting just not to pay any more. As more and more owners do this, fees for those of us who do pay escalate even further! Please resolve this case and restore the value of our ‘investment’! In the meantime, please require Mr. Eichner to take interim responsibility for our maintenance fees until this case is resolved, or at the very least, immediately reverse the permission Mr. Eichner enjoys to continue raising our timeshare fees to cover his legal defense and his losses because of some aggrieved owners’ non-payment of their maintenance fees. Please! Sincerely,