Report Abuse

Class Action Against Diamond Resorts?

I have a huge problem with Diamond Resorts. I have been lied to, coerced in to buying more and more points, taken advantage of more than once. These people have a disgusting way of doing business and suck the money out of older people. My original purchase was in Sedona Arizona with ILX, there were no problems. Diamond took over and coerced me and lied to me for hours in Las Vegas and again in Cabo for huge amounts of money. . Is the Class Action Against Diamond Resorts still active? [Q=marks1499] If you believe that you have been the victim of deceptive sales practices by Diamond sales agents, it is important that you alert the Arizona Attorney and Arizona Department of Real Estate. They are both tasked with stopping these practices when brought to their attention. A letter needs be drafted outlining deceptive statements made by sales agents during the sales process, including statements made regarding your existing ownerships. Names, dates, and locations should be provided if possible. Recent complaints have been filed alleging deceptive sales tactics at Diamond properties with both agencies. Links below will direct you to where they should be sent. Clarion Johnson is an investigative reporter involved with consumer protection who is gathering information regarding Diamond’s practices. Link below provides his email address allowing a copy of your letter to forwarded, which will contribute to his efforts as well. consumerinfo@azag.gov state that your letter should be added to file case confirmation #UG236-Z3WSO http://services.azre.gov/publicdatabase/messagecenter/createmessage.aspx?subjectid=1 From the Department of Real Estate website: The Real Estate Investigators conduct investigations in response to consumer complaints concerning a licensee’s performance of real estate activities and the professional conduct of licensees. Dishonest dealing and disclosure issues are two specific areas listed on their site. cjohnson@thecapitolforum.com /investigative reporter Listed below a excerpts from a Federal Trade Commission policy statement on deceptive sales practices. FTC Policy Statement on Deception | Federal Trade Commission http://www.ftc.gov/public-statements/1983/10/ftc-policy-statement-deception [9/29/2014 10:47:54 AM] First, there must be a representation, omission or practice that is likely to mislead the consumer. Practices that have been found misleading or deceptive in specific cases include false oral or written representations, misleading price claims, Most deception involves written or oral misrepresentations, or omissions of material information. Deception may also occur in other forms of conduct associated with a sales transaction. The entire advertisement, transaction or course of dealing will be considered. The issue is whether the act or practice is likely to mislead, rather than whether it causes actual deception The Commission believes that to be deceptive the representation, omission or practice must be likely to mislead reasonable consumers under the circumstances.[/Q]