Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

send this info to the NEW YORK STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, ERIC SCHNEIDERMAN AND TO JUDGE EILEEN RAKOWER. [Q=fibon] [Q=galactich] The real issue is MC has no legal rights to advance offerings to public rentals because there is no such a provision in the Offering Plan nor in the Purchase Agreement. Provision states that units might be rented only if rooms were not reserved by owners. Public reservations could be accomplished not earlier than 48 hours prior to reservations, not like MC is offering rooms to public all year round in advance via travel websites. Here is the quote from my Offering Plan section "Reservation and Occupancy Confirmation Procedures", pp. 93-95 (check your Offering Plans!): "Use periods which remain unreserved 48 hours to the first night thereof may be offered to rent by the Management Company to the general public". On the top of the illegalities, that have been practiced by MC, another provision stated that owners should be served on a "first come first served basis" which means if rooms available on travel websites and /or MC website when owner calls MC to make a reservation, that owner supposed to be a "first come" and should be served first. Obviously, MC has breached a contract. [Q=fibon] [Q=laurah136] Those who are not paying their fees are harming those who do. However, I'm sure units are being rented out which should help the bottom line. I do not believe anyone is excused from their financial obligations unless it's done legally. So far that hasn't happened.[/Q] Well, it could be formulated vice versa: those who have pleasures for usage and those who got easy reservations via travel sites did harm those owners who were denied. The bottom line TMC was cheating with reservations for over 10 years or since the times it is known to me. Another bottom line is TMC has never provided truthful information and income on public reservations therefore everyone was harmed.[/Q][/Q] Thanks for the post, that helped me to look into my Offering Plan in regards to reservations. It took me a half a day to find it, the huge book is not indexed, most pages are not numerated, omg! My Offering Plan has the same statement that rentals could be offered to public when and if 1/ there are originally UNRESERVED use periods by owners remained; 2/ those unreserved periods might be offered to owners who want extra nights, on the first place, in the period of 72 hours before the first night ; 3/ then, if no owners take these remained unreserved periods, rentals might be offered to general public in the period of 42 hours before the first night. My guess, that's the reason why income from rentals has been camouflaged in all Annual Budgets.[/Q]