Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

[Q=alvans] No, Mitchb10 your suggestion to picket the Manhattan Club is not crazy. The citizens, visitors, especially the Mayor and City Council of New York should know what a stain the operation of the Manhattan Club has on the city. In my case, at the age of 90 now 93 I became dependent on a walker. Before, like most owners,I could not get a reservation to MC when I wanted, NOW, because of my condition, I can't physically join your picket, I can't travel anymore, including New York City. I ask TMC to re-purchase my unit, I did not get an answer. You could really add to your suggestion by recruiting a dozen homeless souls to picket TMC and give them free meals in the Park Central Hotel Restaurant which is the same building as the Manhattan Club. I would contribute $500 toward the meals.[/Q] Picket with a restaurant is a glorious idea! Restaurant might be replaced with McDonald's. I continue to study a thick intricate book called an Offering Plan and I am surprised to discover that I have been ordered to reserve my usage not OUT of 9 months, as urged by the MC customer service, but WITHIN 9 months at any time. I am providing an excerpt from the Offering Plan - "Owner who wished to reserve less than 7 consecutive nights may submit a reservation request an ANY TIME DURING the 9 months preceding the requested check-in date." See article "Reservation and Occupancy Confirmation Procedures". I recall clearly at the presentation I was told the same thing. It turns out, I was lied all 10 years of my membership? Is'n that another indication MC violated their own provisions and breached the Contract??? Dear owners! check out your Offering Plans and Purchase Agreements and post results of your exploration. @howardb21: Did you consider just to make a reservation as non-member at MC at starting price at $99-$199? Subtract your membership ($20-$40 K), make a calculation, and figure out how much money you would have saved through the years.