Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

WRT the AG case, the conclusion of which we are all waiting for, the last session from 3/21 was reported as follows IT IS HEREBY STIPULATED by and between the undersigned counsel, that: I . Because of ongoing settlement discussions, oral argument shall be adjourned on Respondents' pending motion for relief from the asset freeze to pay legal fees (Dkt. No. 368). 2. Oral argument on Respondents' motion (Dkt. No. 368), shall be heard on June 29, 2017 at 2:30pm, a time that is convenient for the Court. 3. This Stipulation may be executed in one or more counterparts, each of which, when executed, shall be deemed to be an original, and a facsimile copy of this Stipulation shall have the fuII force and effect of an original for all purposes. I am not a lawyer and perhaps Jeff and others can comment but my interpretation of this is that the case is now out of the hands of the Judge and that the parties are negotiating a settlement. If that is the case then arguing over legal fees is moot. In my experience with civil cases- once the discovery and positioning is over, they settle. In addition the Judge in her earlier comments seemed critical of the defendants. Putting all this together I think they will settle. How we end up , of course, is uncertain.