Report Abuse

Hearing on AG case against Manhattan Club postponed to June 29

[Q=beckyf76] i agree about 95% with you about maintenance payments . for the other 5% semi-disagreement: i pay maintence and taxes if and when i'm sure that my desired reservation times are available. in other words, i don't simply blindly pay the fees for a product that i can't get. i pay when and if it suits my convenience and i know reservations are available when i want i want tem. housekeeping has indeed become a problem issue. many suites have shabby furniture which should have been replaced years ago; some of the suite decor and equipment also in desperate need of updating as are some of the hallways. whrere besidses, helping to pay eichner's legal fees AGAINST US, are the maintenance fees going? certainly not into the overall maintenance of the property I agree somewhat to this post. Unfortunately TMC has not kept up their agreement to maintain my purchase as promised. The last time I stayed at the TMC the room was dirty, the furniture was shabby, we had to continually ask for sheets, towels, etc. and the maintenance fees did not stay consistent from year to year as promised. I was told that the fees would most likely not increase too much each year and the salesman showed me the increases from prior years Just to demonstrate to me that the increases were nominal. Additionally, I was never told that these units would be rented out to the public just like a hotel. I was told that only owners would be staying at the MC and my $60,000 cash purchase would be an investment in a "piece of Manhattan" which was so valuable because of the outrageous cost to own property in Manhattan. That was certainly a crock of baloney. I did the math and I can stay in an upscale clean, well maintained hotel room for less than what my maintenance fees cost me every year. I agree that you have to follow your own conscience and not follow what others are encouraging but know that you could be throwing good money after bad as well as funding Eichner's legal fees to take advantage of your good morals. I personally have no problem not paying TMC until everything is settled, if ever. [Q=sallyw109] I agree, Jill S, that we must all follow our own conscience on what actions we take here. I quit paying all fees because TMC broke our contractual agreement by not providing me accessibility to a unit without more than a year's advance notice. Once TMC failed to meet their contracted obligation, I felt I was likewise released. I certainly cannot pay for something I do not receive. If I were able to use the unit, I would feel obligated to pay for it. I also agree that judges must be impartial. That is the reason I send my complaints, facts, and proofs of TMC wrongdoing to the AG's office and the court - not so I can be a squeaky wheel, but so they have all the facts on which to base actions and decisions. This should not undermine a judge's impartiality, but provide another window through which to view TMC operations. If TMC has treated you fairly and lived up to it's contractual obligations with you then, of course, you have nothing to complain about. Unfortunately, many of us are not that lucky. [Q=jills465] [Q=pamelag205] Have most of you NOT paid taxes and/or maintenance fees?[/Q] I have paid maintenance and taxes all along, and used my time every year or sold the reservation (on Redweek). With legal- type obligations on both sides, I'd be hesitant to follow anyone's conscience but my own on whether to pay or not. Also, I'm a little hesitant to be a squeaky wheel with the court (judge) because courts and judges are supposed to be impartial, and they certainly can't represent owners' interests in this case.[/Q][/Q][/Q]