Report Abuse

Re: Experience with RedWeek Full Service Team rental

[Q=herbc18] Follow up: the deal did not happen. The owner had issues with the terms of the agreement and decided to cancel the listing. [/Q] I have never used RedWeek "Full Service" on either side of a transaction myself, but I HAVE read a number of timeshare owner complaints on other timeshare discussion forums stating that the RedWeek rental contract terms are very heavily "slanted" to favor and protect the tenant with little protection (and unacceptable delay in payment) for the owner. If that assertion is correct (I do not claim to know), I can certainly understand any owner bailing out of the RedWeek "full service" gig entirely, even after paying for an ad listing. Owners have a financial investment to protect, as well as annual maintenance fees to cover for their timeshare. All of that aside however, there is no excuse to not have kept you fully informed in a timely manner regarding the status of your intended transaction. Personally, I have never needed (or wanted) ANY middleman involvement when I rent a timeshare as a tenant or when I rent out a timeshare that I own. What does a "middleman" know about the property anyhow? Probably absolutely nothing. Unfortunately however, trust can be elusive on either side of any private, Internet based timeshare transaction, partly because the timeshare industry has such a stained reputation from the shady practices of deceitful timeshare developer sales weasels and partly because there are a lot of other thieving parasites and scammers associated with the timeshare "after market". As a result, mutual trust can be a bit difficult (but certainly not impossible) to achieve. With no "middleman", my own opinion (and personal experience) is that trust can always be built between owner and tenant with good communication, including some direct phone conversation, from which both parties can gain some confidence in the credibility and legitimacy of the other. In several decades of timeshare experience, I've never been burned as either an owner or a tenant. However, some owners don't want to be pestered by insincere "tire kickers" or "scammers" or "low ball offer negotiators", so they choose instead to just pay a fee and turn their rental over to a "middleman" to deal with potential tenants FOR them. I personally will NOT consider any sale or rental if there is ANY "middleman" involved, regardless of which side of a transaction I am on. To each their own, of course.