Report Abuse

Re: maintenance fees

Check your math. Are there only 650 villas in all of Vistana?? Sounds low. Also fee is $59 for all of the "common" people. My math would look more like this: 19 Resorts x 200 rooms x 52 weeks per room x 30% rentals x $59 = $3.5 million in "nuisance fees" extracted from owners $59 at a time. This is DEFINITELY cause for a class action lawsuit. They tried to make it a "nuisance" amount that wouldn't be worth any single owner wanting to argue about or spend much time on. Especially because at the time an owner is doing this they NEED to because they're trying to get some form of rental money to offset their unused week for which they need to pay 100% of the maintenance fees. Of course an owner is going to "cave" and pay the $59 in order to complete the rental. What if Vistana just decided they wanted to make the fee $259 or $859 or whatever? It's the same principle. They have no right to just "make up" a fee and start charging it. My most recent example: I needed to change a reservation to "John Barr." A website in 2017 should allow me to do that with 9 keystrokes and a click. Because their website fails to provide that functionality (which would be ZERO incremental "cost" to them), then I have to wait on hold 18 minutes, pay $59 and spell out the 9 keystrokes that need to be typed on a keyboard. They need to be sued. Would I love to be the attorney who extracts millions from them and then returns 20 cents on the dollar to people who were affected and bother to do the paperwork to be part of the action... Who wants to join me and get going on this?