Report Abuse

Ending ownership

[Q=christinem469] I have 2 timeshares that are "paid off" just paying maintenance fees. I have used them as much as I will need to. What is the best way to sell these. ? Thank you.[/Q] Your timeshares may or may not actually have any value or demand in the resale market. You will first have to do some research on your own to make that determination. If your intervals have any value or demand in the resale market, RedWeek is a great site on which to advertise once you have identified a fair and realistic price from your research. Whatever you do, NEVER pay ANYONE a penny "upfront" to (supposedly) "help" you part with your timeshares. There is an entire "cottage industry" of upfront fee parasites and scammers who will ultimately do NOTHING for you --- except to gladly take your money. There is an old saying that "A fool and his money are soon parted". Don't be a fool. If your timeshares are essentially worthless in the resale market, contact your resort Homeowners Assn (in writing), to inquire if they will accept a "deedback". Most won't, but some will (as long as your fees are fully paid up to date). You won't know until and unless you reach and ask the RIGHT people (which means do NOT just call and ask a desk clerk answering the phones, who has absolutely no decision-making authority in the matter in the first place). Submit your "deedback" request IN WRITING to the resort HOA President. Understand very clearly that you CANNOT just initiate a "deedback" on your own; it requires the overtly expressed consent and "acceptance" of the HOA; lawful "deedback" is a two way street and it is NOT something that you can just decide (or initiate) unilaterally, on your own.