Report Abuse

An advertisement or a question?

[Q=judyc385] Appreciate your input. Looks like someone deleted the inappropriate information from the original post. The question is specifically, if I have several weeks banked, plus a timeshare is it better to sell the timeshare with the banked/reserved weeks included as a part of the deal (bundle) or rent the weeks separately and simply sell the timeshare.[/Q] I don't play the "exchange game", but WILL note (in regard to your "banked' weeks reference) that both II and RCI very clearly prohibit (and both have ALWAYS prohibited) renting out weeks obtained from them via "exchange". In essence, if you make exchange reservations with those banked weeks, you cannot rent out those reserved weeks, as you don't actually own an "exchanged" week to rent it out in the first place. People try to get away with doing so, in clear and obvious violation of II and RCI terms and conditions of membership, but if discovered and caught the exchange (and the membership) can both be cancelled outright. Is that worth the risk to you (or to any prospective renter)? Not in my view. You might be better off using your "banked" weeks for exchanges that you (and / or other family members) will enjoy, keeping your prospective timeshare sale cleanly separate as a stand alone transaction. You can certainly retain and use those "banked" weeks even AFTER selling the timeshare, as long as you maintain your II / RCI membership and make the exchanges within the time frames identified by the respective exchange companies. You won't "lose" your banked weeks by selling the timeshare, but if you have already "banked" FUTURE years, you certainly cannot "unbank" them now (or later) and you would be obligated to fully disclose any "already banked" future years to any prospective buyer.