Report Abuse

Re: Open Letter to Steve Cloobeck, Diamond Resorts International CEO

Well if nothing else, I will have wasted their time as mine has been waisted. The way I was treated was absurd and I have a daughter and 5 yr old grandson that was a witness to the police being brought in and the discussion we had. I don't care what kind of abilities they have to change my agreement really! It was deceitful all the same. I have a timeshare amenity I CAN NOT USE AS I WAS TOLD I COULD. I HAVE A NOW $925 a yr MAINTENANCE FEE. For that cost I could rent a villa for a week somewhere! It IS a scam! I am stuck with something now for life?! It was 15 yrs ago that I made this purchase that I was excited about as a young mother of 4! If I would have not been sold the story that I could come whenever to use amenities I WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT THIS TIMESHARE! THE WAY I WAS TREATED so very wrong and again with my witnesses maybe I will have a sympathetic judge...but don't worry... I will not be holding my breath for that either KatherineR [Q=irenep59] Katherine and David: Katherine: The timeshare contract is a developer based contract and they can change anything for any reason at anytime so your attempt to file a lawsuit is useless on a change in benefits. If you think your are angry, imagine Irene Allen with 139,000 points suspended for a year for posting one rental ad on the advice of her sales agent. She must pay $2400 a month in mortgage while the account is suspended and $29,000 in maintenance fees. Two other families are affected all holding contracts that say they can rent. If you would like to publish an article about your experience in an effort to warn consumers that many of the benefits at the time of a timeshare purchase could be taken away please find me at Inside Timeshare. We are ILX and had at least three benefits change. David: Gold Key has a Facebook not a website. What website were you referring to? I am interacting with 17 attorneys who provide legal updates for our Advocacy Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/DiamondResortsOwnersAdvocacy/ but I was not aware of Hawaii. Polo Towers, Virginia and Ka'anapali Maui have the most complaints referred to us. I have had several members file complaints with the Hawaii Attorney General because they feel they were sold by deceit and bait and switch with programs to upgrade to get heirs released, renting opportunities, maintenance fee relief programs and upgrades so they can sell points. None of these benefits exist. The Hawaii AG has been unusually responsive. Maybe the lawsuit you referred to is the reason. Thank you for the Hawaii information. We are looking for it on Pacer. I am going to Va Beach Circuit Court and file lawsuit! We will see if jury will be sympathetic to this and I will keep u posted. I want to be paid for the timeshare and all the maintenance fees paid to date is all. A total of 18,925.00 dollars! davidl712 wrote: Here is the announcement for which we have all been waiting! The lawsuit has been filed! It was filed Friday in Federal District Court in Hawaii. COPP will be mailing out a note with the lawsuit attached. It will also be going up on our website. I think that we will have DRI's attention now! What did Mr. C say? Yes, that's right, there are "10" unhappy customers. We'll see Reply to This Message Avatar for katheriner117 katheriner117 5 days ago[/Q]