Report Abuse

Re: Class Action Against Diamond Resorts?

The BBB doesn't do anything because their a big business and we are a bucnch of people that were taken in by their lies. Class action suit is the best way to go I tried to get out of my timeshare within 30 days of purchase, but even though the deed is mailed to you apparently, which does take 45 days to process, but 7 days after their fraudulent 90 minute presentation if you signed papers and bought into their timeshare that day than 7days from that day and your stuck for life. I'm a disabled veteran on a fixed income, which I made very clear, but they sold me I believe 3,500 points, which was deceitful because they had a list of dream destinations, which of course I could go to with those points, but I would have to pay more money than I, or anyone would want to because airfare wasn't included. So, a trip to Las Vegas, which is what I was already doing once a year, but they claimed I could get a one bedroom, which is a lie unless I went once every three years. I proved that I could travel to their resort in Las Vegas for my typical four nights in their basic 350-400sq ft room for the cost of the $712 per year maintenance fees. Keep in mind that their pitch is that their resorts are better than any hotel, but I went from being content with never spending more than $300 for a four night stay at the Orleans hotel in Las Vegas, that has kids tyme (a place for my child to have fun for 1-5hrs without parents) plus bowling a move theatre and a nice pool. So between the payments for my timeshare and the maintenance fees I was paying $2,000 a year for crap, which means for what they advertised based on what they sold me I would of had to spend $6,000 before I could have anything close to what they were advertising, which means in the 10 years it would have taken me to own it I would have been able to have three vacations that were close to what they claimed, but by then the maintenance fees could've been $1200. I paid for an attorney that turned out to be out of state so that didn't get me out of the contract and due to some as usual bad luck (lost my SSD because I was the payee for my grandmother before she passed) and bad decisions on my part I lost the best house I had and when I sold it in order to not be out on the street I had to pay off my diamond resort timeshare, which I never used, or even sampled because I was tricked into going to the seminar because they claimed I would have a chance at winning $100,000. This is what should of made me realize how fraudulent they are because in order to spin the wheel, which of course could be rigged one had to draw from a fish bowl to see if they were even granted the chance to spin the wheel, which of course had other much smaller prizes. I didn't even get to spin the wheel. So I paid at least a total of $13,000 for a timeshare I never got to experience and because of the letters I wrote within a month of purchase now four years later and one year after it was paid in full I can get out of the timeshare and the $4,000 I owe in maintenance fees will be waived, but they get to take it back without any compinsation for me. I just should be thankful they will take it off my hands and wave the maintenance fees for a timeshare that was never used. It's ridiculous that the law allows a company to sell a service to someone, but when that someone realizes that the service isn't what was claimed it doesn't matter they are stuck for life having to pay until the company gets away with that person feeling so stuck and willing to do anything to just get rid of it and the company makes several thousand dollars and the person that never even used the service they paid for because it wasn't what was claimed is just out that money because they signed a fraudulent document because if a lawyer went over the paper work and was present for the seminar than only the people with higher income ($100,000+) might sign. The seminar presentation was about a $50,000 timeshare, that anyone in the $45,000 a year and up supposedly could afford. [Q=bethc252] There has to be a way to at least complain - may be we all need to go to the BBB (Better Business Bureau) or some other consumer oversight authority.[/Q]