Report Abuse

Re: The Manhattan Club Lawsuit - RedWeek's Report & Most Recent Info

can't offer advice on actions to take at this time. my opinion is "hang in there" until the current litigation: NYSAG VS TMC (IAN BRUCE EICHNER), is settled. i'll not even consider offering a time frame on that one! an action that i recommend NOT TAKING is connecting (often with up-front fees) with the services of a so-called expert timeshare sales realtors or a companies that promise to get you out of, i.e., EXIT, your timeshare and relieving of your maintenance and tax obligations. to me, that's a load of lies and garbage. if the EXIT company relieves you of your contractual obligations of timeshare ownership, where does the real property, the timeshare, go? perhaps these EXIT companies know more than we do about this, but do not divulge these trade secrets about the disposition of the real property timeshare, because they might be making a fortune on this concept. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU PAY UP-FRONT FEES TO ANY REALTOR OR EXIT COMPANY. WHEN THEY SELL YOUR TIMESHARE, THEY DESERVE THE EARNED AND CONTRACTED COMMISSION AMOUNT. WHEN THE EXIT COMPANY SENDS YOU LEGALLY APPROVED PAPERWORK THAT YOU ARE NO LONGER OBLIGATED TO THE TIMESHARE DEED AGREEMENT (E.G., MAINTENANCE AND TAX PAYMENTS) AND THE DEED CONTRACT BECOMING NULL AND VOID, THEN THEY SHOULD BE PAID THE CONTRACTUAL AMOUNT AGREED UPON FOR THEIR SERVICE. BUT.........................................NO $$$$$$$$$ UP-FRONT. I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE HAVING PAID A REALTOR IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA $1,000 UP-FRONT COMMISSION TO SELL MY MANHATTAN CLUB PENTHOUSE...............ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO. THIS SHAM/FRAUD ARTIST DISAPPEARED FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH (AS I KNOW IT) AND HIS PHONE NUMBER WAS DISCONNECTED AT HIS REQUEST. HIS FIRST NAME WAS JESSE.......AS IN JESSE JAMES, THE FAMOUS OUTLAW AND THIEF IN OLD WESTERNS. BEWARE, FOLKS. keep in touch. chris [Q=yehudah] TMC do not offer an exit for owners.They require that the owner find a buyer -a task that is quite impossible nowadays Does anybody have a suggestion?[/Q]