Report Abuse

Re: The Manhattan Club Lawsuit - RedWeek's Report & Most Recent Info

my opinion: not sending a mortgage payment MIGHT be cause to refer your case to a credit rating agency, eg, the one your were able to squash with considerable effort. HOORAY FOR YOU. on the other hand, my opinion again (including past and current experience), non payment of maintenance fees doesn't appear to be cause enough to affect your credit rating. HOORAY FOR ALL OF US WHO HAVE NOT PAID MAINTENANCE. this scenario could change according to the outcome of the current litigation (THAT'S LASTED FOR OVER 3 YEARS, LONGER THAN MANY CAPITAL CRIMES , LIKE MURDER). it's probably worth the chance to await the outcome of the lawsuit. keep in touch chris [Q=yehudah] Hi I am also considering to stop paying maintanance fee (no loan issues).Did they sanction you since in any other way beside the credit negative comment? [Q=robertb1802] Justine, You should also be following "The Manhattan Club Lawsuit" on this site. Anyway, We own 2 weeks, one purchased outright, and the other financed thru TMC finance arm, O. Park Central. We stopped paying on the mortgage as well as maintenance on both weeks. TMC did post a negative comment on our credit for not paying the loan, but I was successful in forcing Transunion to remove the negative comment by proving to them that they were posting negative comments based on reports that were submitted by a company that was itself under criminal investigation by the NY Attorney General for fraud. It was a fight to get the comment removed and I did file a complaint against the credit agency with the federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. That seemed to do it. The negative posting was removed and our excellent credit score was restored. I'll be happy to share my correspondence with the credit bureau if you email me directly. Ultimately, after this whole legal mess gets sorted out, the only recourse TMC will have is to take back our weeks. What are they going to do, sue thousands of us individually for a few thousand dollars each? Will never happen. Anyway, knowing what we now know about the fraudulent, criminal activity of TMC, why would you consider continuing to send them money? EVERYONE HAS TO STOP SENDING THESE CROOKS MONEY. YOU'RE FUNDING TMC FIGHT AGAINST US AND THE AG. Bob Biello rbiello2@gmail.com[/Q][/Q]