Report Abuse

Wyndham Ovation transferred my contract at no cost back to them, do I still have to pay hypothication?

[Q=michaelm2393] Wyndham Ovation Program allowed me to transfer back my Timeshare contract (154,000 points in Towers of the Grove Myrtle Beach) a few months ago. I have a re-conveyance Warranty Deed copy, I no longer pay fees, and have a written letter stating I have no further Rights or Obligations under the contract. Am I still entitled to pay for the Timeshare? I still owed $6000 through a hypothecation loan to some Resort Funding Place in New York. What happens if I don't pay them? The hypothecated asset (The Timeshare) served as collateral, and gives the lender (Resort Funding LLC) a right to sell off that asset and recover the payment in the event I fail to pay back the loan as per the terms of agreement. I am no longer the owner of the asset, Wyndham is... Do they just go after Wyndham? Does Wyndham just give them back the portion of the money they didn't get out of me from the scam since they own it again now, and probably sold it again to some sucker for another $25K??? What happens now?[/Q] An interesting and unusual situation --- and I certainly don't have any definitive answers. That being said, you surely won't like my initial thoughts on the matter. Your loan (neither issued nor held by Wyndham, if I understand correctly) and the Wyndham points contract would SEEM to be two separate, distinct and unrelated transactional matters. With no disrespect intended, I don't see how you could reasonably believe or expect that the lender is just going to "let you off the hook" on that loan, merely because you have relinquished your access rights back to Wyndham. In short, I cannot see how relinquishing your Wyndham rights back to Wyndham really has ANYTHING to do with the loan status at all. In other words, I don't see how YOUR loan responsibility can or will possibly become Wyndham's problem. After all, YOU took out the loan, not Wyndham. You will have no further rights to Wyndham access --- that much is surely quite clear --- but I wouldn't be too surprised if the lender comes after YOU for the unpaid loan balance. I hope that I am completely wrong, but I would nonetheless be very willing to place that bet.