Report Abuse

Re: refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

[Q=margareej]I looking for a Ligit Company to help sell my timeshare.[/Q] The first rule when trying to sell a timeshare is to never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare as that is almost always a scam. Based on what you said about where your resort is located, it likely has a resale value of about zero dollars. Therefore, I would recommend just trying to give it away. If you are "looking for a Ligit (sic) Company to help sell [your] timeshare", you can go to ltrba.com. They have some licensed resale brokers who will sell on a commission with the fees taken out of the proceeds of the sale, not upfront. However, they will likely tell you what I just said. Your unit probably has a resale value of about zero dollars and these brokers charge a minimum $1000 fee. If you seriously want to unload your unit to get out of paying maintenance fees, then you can try asking the resort's Homeowners' Association (HOA), in writing, that you want to give your unit back. They might ask you to pay closing costs and maybe even the next maintenance fee. But at least it will be done properly and efficiently. You might also want to state that you are not going to pay another penny in maintenance fees (except to facilitate this transfer) and that it would be best for all involved for the HOA to take the unit back amicably. You can also try advertising your unit for sale or giveaway here on RedWeek in the Bargain Basement. Maybe even offer to pay closing costs. Other sites where you can advertise are E-Bay, Craigslist, My Resort Network, and Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com) where there is a Bargain Deals section that lets you advertise for free that you want to give your unit away.