Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Aruba Surf Club - Lawsuit by Association against owners

Thanks - does not appear to be fraud as Marriott is aware and has advised anyone to whom you might wish to speak - to say nothing other than you should respond to the letter. So far I have heard from two others who have received the letter but I have to believe there are many more. The whole action is unconscionable and for the first time in two decades, I am absolutely embarrassed that I am part of Marriott, a Platinum Rewards member and have Chairman's Club level in MVC. What a disgraceful and hurtful action and the fact that our Association might have actually been behind this and or complicit in this effort, without even a call, head's up or inclusive investigation is incomprehensible to me. For many years I have read blog after blog about folks complaining about Marriott and feeling they had been harmed in one way or another. Certainly, we have been lied to numerous times whether about fees or rental programs and other aspects of ownership but this is just an inexcusable low. As one who has owned a business for almost 25 years, that includes a call center - and one who is deeply involved in customer service, I cannot believe that no one from Marriott corporate has reached out (as they cannot be reached) to elaborate on any of this and provide some support for valued customers - not just of timeshares but customers of Marriott worldwide! Aside from using my units, multiple ones, every year since 2008 (the first year they were available), I have travel worldwide and have prioritized Marriott for my personal and business travel, and for my company executives, for many years.