Report Abuse

Re: The Manhattan Club Lawsuit - RedWeek's Report & Most Recent Info

hi all. since we don't know the status of the of the court settlement of TMC case all we can do is wishful think about what we want from the outcome of this legal matter. my current wish is that TMC will cease requesting maintenance fees that haven't been paid (for time that hasn't been used). wipe that part of the slate clean and start from there, but not before adjusting maintenance fees to a very reasonable and affordable level (as was the case when many of us had initially purchased our week(s). remember, our maintenance fees are up nearly 400% since our purchase. we don't know who eichner will sell TMC to. personally, short of the EICHNER REGIME, i really enjoy staying at this better-than-nyc-hotel venue. the location can't be beat, and i found very little to complain about the physical quality of TMC or of its employees from the bellpeople, concierge and front desk personnel to the other service people. i hope it is sold to a fair and equitable timeshare operator who will respect the needs and requirements of individual shareowners. that being said, if other owners wish to sell their week(s) , i suspect that they would be able to do at current market value of our units, if the new owners reverse all of the eichner regime inequities. we can wish for the stars, and get merely a fleeting comet; time will tell, and i hope that time comes rapidly. keep in touch. chris [Q=beckyf76] I personally would be very happy to simply be "forgiven" for the 2 years of maintenance fees that TMC says I owe and then come up with a reasonable annual maintenance fee so that I can continue to afford the fees and use my unit. If the fees are reasonable I'm sure my share would be easier to sell if I should decide to sell it. I am not expecting any type of refund for what I paid nor am I expecting any financial gain from this. I simply want to continue to enjoy my unit until I decide to sell it. Reasonable maintenance fees will certainly increase my chances of actually finding a buyer.[/Q]