Report Abuse

HOT NEWS: AG Settles case with $6.5 million settlement against Manhattan Club

I have been paying my fees and using my days for the past three years. I was scammed into paying an additional 5K by RCI to give us a leg up for reservations. The way it was described to me was that RCI had a priority block of rooms at MC that allowed us to make reservations AHEAD of the owners. Dopey us...we fell for the scam and paid. We have been able to get our weekend every year that we wanted. HOWEVER, when we were "simply owners" we could not get the time we wanted and had to settle for what MC offered us...usually Monday nights in order to use our time...as it was a use it or lose it situation. The straw that finally broke the camel's back for me was when I needed a room last year for myself so I could visit with friends in NYC from Canada and I could not get a room via RCI desk or through MC.... BUT I WAS ABLE TO GET AN APARTMENT THROUGH EXPEDIA FOR $300.00!!!! How ridiculous was that? An owner could not get an apartment nor through RCI but could by going to Expedia! So glad that these bums are being tossed out and hopefully the place will be managed properly so that those of us who have paid thousands of dollars and annual fees, will get what they thought they bought.