Report Abuse

Re: Has anyone used American Consumer Credit to get out of Timeshare?

[Q=auriannap] What about the timeshare exit company? It's endorsed by Dave Ramsey. The few people I've spoke to at this company say they've actually used the timeshare company to help get them or someone they know out. (I know they could be lying of course). I know they too ask for $ upfront. I don't know what else to do.[/Q] Please don't shoot the messenger, but let's acknowledge the fact is that there is a very high likelihood that the loan note is actually held by a third party lender, NOT by the resort. *IF* that is the case, the resort (and / or its' HOA) has no legal standing whatsoever to accept a "deedback" on something with a $18K outstanding loan balance attached to it. For that very same reason, none of those useless upfront fee "exit / rescue / escape / relief" entities can possibly help you either. Either the $18k loan balance gets satisfied, or you make the difficult and painful decision to simply default on the loan, pay nothing further --- and accept the negative credit report hit consequences. The facts and the answers have not changed in any way since you first raised this same issue nearly a year ago now. In any event, DO NOT pay ANY entity a single penny upfront. Repeat after me --- NO ONE possesses any magic beans or secret elixirs to get you out of a legally binding contractual loan debt obligation that you once freely and voluntarily signed up for. NO ONE! P.S. Let's be clear on something else --- Dave Ramsey gets PAID to endorse Timeshare Exit Team, which cannot possibly do ANYTHING for you with a $18K outstanding loan debt balance apparently still attached to the timeshare purchase. Neither can anyone else, including "American Consumer Credit" or ANY other "escape artist" company you can name. I am sorry to have to point out that unwelcome (but nonetheless entirely truthful) fact.