Report Abuse

Bankruptcy adder

I am a timeshare owner at Grand Regency and did some internet searching and found initial Chapter 11 filings were done in June for Grand Regency, Colonnade and others. HOA Management Services is involve along with Green Leaf Financial and others. I am not an attorney but it looks like the creditors did or are trying to stop Chapter 11, reorganization, and pushing for Chapter 7, complete liquidation. This would give them the right to take possession of the properties. Given the condition of Grand Regency when my wife, me and two friends of ours when we stayed there over Memorial Day this year, I am am not surprised. The place was nearly deserted and I believe had squatters staying in at one unit. Bottom floors had sandbags in front of doors to keep water out. Locks we off of some doors which had some construction supplies in it. Just a few units, like the two bedroom we stayed in, were in reasonably good shape. In my opinion, the sooner the creditors get the properties, the better. We may be out of a timeshare, but my guess is the sooner we will be out of paying maintenance fees. I plan to contact the US Bankruptcy Court Trustee in KC, MO to get better communication. If you want to contact me, email jrroskam@gmail.com