Report Abuse

time share exiting info and credit rating

[Q=debbiew407] We have a timeshare in Cabo at Hacienda del mar and still owe close to 12,000.00 on the note which is about 325.00 a month plus 1100.00 a year for the maint fees. We have talked to Lonestar Timeshare Exit team and they are wanting 4000.00 to get us out of our contract. They cant or will not tell me if I need to continue to make my monthly payments or maint fee during the time it takes to get the contract cancelled, which was said to take possibly a year or maybe longer. My monthly payment goes to a company in Navada so I am not sure what laws I am under to pay back. Can you please advise me in any way?[/Q] Repeat after me --- NO ONE can magically get you out of a legally binding contract or loan obligation. NO ONE! Why on earth would you possibly believe otherwise, let alone PAY $4,000 to some obscure "magical exit" operation? Such parasites have no magic beans or secret elixirs. The simple fact of the matter is that after a year of making no payments, while "Lonestar" does absolutely nothing productive or useful, your loan will be in default and your "membership" will be cancelled anyhow. All of that will happen on its' own --- WITHOUT you paying $4,000 to those unknown parasites who have absolutely NO ability to extract you from your legally binding contractual obligation. If you really want "out", you have the option to just firmly resolve to not pay another penny. Let them go pound sand in Mexico. After all, you own NOTHING there (and they certainly know that). They will ultimately just terminate your RTU "membership", write you off and just turn around and sell more multi-thousand dollar "memberships" to the next Gringos who parade in while in "vacation brain" mode. The supply of such ready and willing people from the U.S. is virtually endless. The Mexicans most likely wouldn't even bother to make the effort to initiate a negative credit report, although they could. It's just not worth the effort.. There is a saying that "a fool and his money are soon parted". Don't be someone who once again proves that saying to be absolutely true. This input is not offered as legal advice nor is it intended to substitute for obtaining professional legal advice. I am merely expressing to you my own personal opinion.