Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

defrauded-by-eichner owners, who gives a ** about "sharing" the $6.5m fine that the court imposed on eichner. do the math: there are between 14-18, 0000 owners, according to who's counting. that amounts to about $2-300 per owner. that's close to the cost of a moderately priced nyc dinner for 3 or 4, personally, i want to keep what i own at TMC, under these circumstances.........without the pittance that appears to be divided among owners. 1. lower maintenance fees by 25% or more per weeks owned. 2. make desirable reservation time more readily accessible to owners. 3. give owners total priority over "other renters" who get accommodations via booking.com or other internet reservation companies. at this point, according to the still-unknown settlement, my opinion is that RESTITUTION OF ANY KIND is a pipe dream. i believe that, although this isn't a part of his legal duty, mr schneiderman, the nysag, should, out of moral decency, offer owners some form of firm and legal advice as to how to proceed prior to and after the so-called settlement. he should also be instrumental in speeding up the settlement process. many TMC owners are also new yorkers, eligible to vote in upcoming elections. i'm sure that should be one of mr schneiderman's considerations in offering his assistance to all TMC owners. keep in touch. chris