Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

[Q=robertr490] Tim - Heirs and beneficiaries may disclaim all or part of an inheritance should they decide that the inheritance is more trouble than it's worth. Google " How to Disclaim All or Part of Your Inherited Assets". Check your state's probate statutes to confirm any time deadline required by your state for disclaiming an inheritance. Good luck getting rid of your TS. Bob[/Q] Maybe it depends on your state....I was not allowed to disclaim my timeshare....I was told I could either disclaim everything or nothing, but I couldn't pick or choose what I wanted to disclaim. Granted I don't think I had the best lawyers (I had three of them from three States VA, MA and NY). According to how your contract with TMC is written has some bearing, as they wrote contract to state one owns the timeshare in perpetuity....Have you asked Lynne O'Donnell about this? It seems those of us who inherit should not have to honor the contract since we didn't sign a contract and agree to the terms. I was told by someone at TMC they would still keep trying to collect the fees.