Report Abuse

Re: raintree vacation club

I inherited two weeks at Puerto Vallarta. Am unable to use either anymore. My mother purchased through 2036. Annual maintenance fees for one week is currently $1115.00, the other $1200.00. Although it was purchased in 1990 (I inherited in 2001), I have only gone once. Thought of renting the units, but apparently I am unable to opt to rent (according to rep it is stated in the contract). Will have to check to make sure that was the case back in 1990 contracts. I have been banking last couple of years. Exchange fees now up to $239 per week with RCI. Has become a financial drain. Only options to rid myself of the weeks are: sell, transfer or donate. Quite a few sales on Red Week with price of $0. Apparently no takers. Any recommendations would be appreciated [Q=frankg158] I am considering purchasing at the raintree regina club in Cabo - through Redweek. In my google search, I saw a lot of complaints - especially concerning a special assessment. Are you happy with the company? If you had it to do over again would you purchase a raintree membership?[/Q]