Report Abuse

Manhattan Club Lawsuit "SCAM"

(Please Forgive any and all typos as I'm writing this quickly) Hi All, For those who don't know me, my name is Corinne Smith and I got the class action lawsuits started back in 2011. Just an introduction so you all know I've been studying and annoying TMC management for years. I've also studied the applicable laws. WHY I'M ANGRY ABOUT THE SETTLEMENT In the Facebook group where I'm an admin (Manhattan Club Timeshare Scam), it is agreed that AG Schneiderman dropped the ball on our case because he's using all his resources on the Trump case(s). This is an obvious political move giving him National attention. Our case is so similar to what the AG's office is not working on that it has been like a "practice case" for parts of the potential lawsuits against DT. To wit, I'm furious!! Changing judges is a tactic used very often by defendants with enough power and influence to sway the decisions made to their favor. Eichner, et al hired a new law firm, had the case transferred to a "judge of choice" who obviously has no conception of what was in the numerous motions after the initial investigation including the reason for locking down their bank accounts. Nothing is mentioned about the Court Required new Offering Plan cited as being good (but not pertinent to any of us who purchased before 2014). Obviously, neither the judge not the Court Clerk read through the voluminous court documents before agreeing to the settlement. As such, myself and others will be composing a petition to address these issues. We want to direct it to State Officials, City Mayor and our US Senators from NY. I may even come up with more in the interim to address this to. The Nov 14th "compliance date" to follow up on the settlement will probably need to be pushed back to a later date. The "sale" of TMC and the Court's Administrator (who will deal with us) probably won't be in place at that time. I would like you all to check your documents and see that there are 2 Boards of Directors involved with this case. For years, our deeds have read "single family unit." Once TMC saw the AG coming in July 2014, the deeds were changed to "Timeshare." Also in your paperwork you should find that we all signed POWERS OF ATTORNEY for both the Timeshare Board and the Condominium Board. That's how TMC was able to continuously change the Offering Plan (without sending updates) and control the Boards because, unknowingly, they could act 'on our behalf'! The most deceptive part of this scam was the Offering Plan CONTINUOUSLY being updated! We purchased in 2009, called the AG's office for a FOIA request to see any amendments made up through a few months into 2011, and were told that there were so many pages that it would cost Hundreds, possibly Thousands to get copies!! (They charge per page for the copies.) We were never privy to any changes! What the OP version that was supplied to the Court back at the beginning of the investigation now says is a MYSTERY TO US yet it is cited in the settlement! The Judge notes how the OP is properly filed and sales can begin again. What? So simplistic after all the detailed arguments/motions in the case!? The fact of their being a Condominium Board was not addressed so was this disbanded when our deeds were changed? This was never addressed. Nor were the Powers of Attorney that made us essentially helpless