Report Abuse

wyndham resorts vs Hilton Grand Vacation club

1. Maintenance fees will increase within ANY and EVERY timeshare system; there are no differences among systems (or non-chain independents) regarding that indisputable fact. Some people suggest expecting a 4-6% increase per year, on average. 2. HGVC ownerships tend to retain some resale value, Wyndham ownerships do not. However, if you buy Wyndham on the resale market for pennies, does that really matter? 3. Wyndham's "Ovation" program (adopted in December 2015 and still in place) provides an "exit ramp", in the event that you want to quickly (and for free) bail out later. However, not all Wyndham products are accepted for "deedback" under Ovation and the entire program itself could be terminated at any time, without advance notice, at Wyndham's whim. 4. Have you looked at the available properties within each system at locations in which you'd likely or potentially be interested? That examination might sway you one way or another. For example, Wyndham timeshare properties are virtually non-existent anywhere in the entirety of coastal SW Florida (although a brand new Wyndham property in Clearwater Beach will reportedly have SOME timeshare units available). 5. Wyndham's computer and reservation system has been completely screwed up for months now, although that unfortunate and ongoing debacle will presumably get corrected at SOME point in the future. No recommendation or expression of preference is intended here. I don't own within either system (although I previously owned a "converted" fixed week within Wyndham). I am merely offering a few random items of "food for thought" for your consideration. Good luck.