Report Abuse

Re: TRYING TO GET OUT OF MEXICO TIMESHARE

[Q=marcs207] I looked at my contract and I did not see a cancelation clause. We made a$1,000 dp and financed the rest with PB.......would it be in my best interest to just cancel the CC we used for the DP and make no payments. The 1st Payment is die 12/5/17. I sure can use someone’s opinion, who actually has the experience, to walk us thru.[/Q] Whether or not your contract actually so indicates (as it is supposed to, in writing), the contract cancellation (rescission) period in Mexico is 5 days. If no one provided you with written information on your rescission (cancellation) rights, you should promptly file a formal complaint with PROFECO, the quasi-governmental authority in Mexico with jurisdiction over timeshare sales weasel misdeeds --- Google is your friend. Merely cancelling the credit card obviously does not in any way make the contract you signed magically "disappear", but at least it would eliminate any future opportunity for anyone in Mexico to make any unauthorized charges on that card going forward. I will not offer any advice regarding what might be "in your best interest"; that's a determination and decision you must make for yourself. However, I personally see no point or purpose in making payments on something you now apparently don't want, probably won't use --- and maybe cannot really even afford in the first place. Keep in mind that your "product" has virtually ZERO resale market value, so take that fact into account when you think about how much more money you choose to pump into that enterprise. You might decide that what is "in your best interest" is to just kiss the deposit goodbye, pay nothing further, walk away --- and chalk it up to an expensive mistake while in "vacation brain" mode. That's entirely your own personal decision to make.