Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

I'm mostly in agreement as well. However, the first order of business for the new management is organizing a Board representative of MC owners and working with all owners especially those now in arrears on maintenance fees. They should be given options, for example, partial payment of previous years maintenance or the ability to give back their units to the HOA and walk away. But the new managers, who ever they turn out to be, will need to run realistic financial projections for a financially stable MC before anyone starts discounting fees contractually owed the MC. For new management to succeed and maintenance to be kept reasonable for the majority of owners who wish to maintain their interests at the MC, the HOA needs to resolve its relationship with owners who might continue to be resentful. While not a desirable outcome in many cases, the HOA will need to take action promptly after the change in management companies so that this does not continue to fester. I don't expect to see much, if any, payment from the settlement, $250 tops. What I do hope to see is a new transparent management and online reservation syatem. We can only wait and hope.