Report Abuse

Re: New to Bluegreen...Any insight??

I would first suggest removing your e-mail address from your post. Now that you have emphatically stated your plight and intentions, you will probably start getting bombarded with scam attempts and other questionable companies looking to cash in on your emotions. BTW, to whom are you responding and what do you mean by bail? Do you mean just stop paying maintenance fees and/or mortgage payments? If so, please realize that it might sound like the easiest way to get out of ownership, but it also comes with potential consequences. As for your mom, the first suggestion I would give her/you is to never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell or "cancel" the timeshare. That is almost always a scam. The first thing would be to make sure that the maintenance fees are up to date and the mortgage paid off. If both those conditions are not met, then you/she will have a hard time (read: impossible) even giving it away. Next, I would try contacting the resort's Homeowners' Association (to someone in charge and in writing) mentioning your mom's situation and that she would like to give the unit back. Mention that not another penny is going to be paid in maintenance fees. So it would be best for the HOA to take the unit back amicably. The resort might charge closing costs and maybe even the next maintenance fee. But at least you will be dealing directly with the resort and not some questionable third party. From what I've read on these boards, there is a Facebook page for Blue Green owners. If you can join that page, you might be able to find someone who wants your mom's unit. But again, make sure that the maintenance fees are up to date and the mortgage is paid off.