Report Abuse

Bankruptcy adder

Carol, My email is jrroskam@gmail.com. Mobile - 316-214-6316. I stayed in the property (2 bdrm) over Memorial Day 2017. Our room was fine although not change at all since we bought in the early 2000s. However silverware etc was short. The bottom floor had sandbags at the doors to prevent rain from coming which in turn was caused by poor drainage. I have pictures. My perception is that some people were squatting in at least one unit and two or three others had occupants. The squatter appeared to be a bad dude and had a female companion and small girl with him. My guess is they were on the run. My wife said she would not have stayed there one night without me and the husband of our guest couple with her. The foundation etc looks good but some singles on one building were lost in a wind storm. Overall the property was in poor repair and not worthy of a time share let alone a tradeable timeshare. I doubt that much of our maintenance fees have been actually spent for the intended purpose. I have not been in touch with the bankruptcy trustee but will not send any more dollars unless forced to do so. We did meet with one timeshare liquidation company in Branson (big yellow signs that lead to an Army surplus store). who estimated it would cost $3-$4000 for them to “transfer” ownership back to Interjit. They claimed that folks in the business and timeshare developer circles in Branson are well aware of Interjit’s poor reputation. We did not do use their services because I assumed legal proceedings with creditors or authorities would come at some point. So we are still unsure if we will have an obligation to pay further fees. I doubt we will if creditors get the assets. They should get the assets if bankruptcy is (or has) thrown out by the courts in Kansas City.